This is so cool! I have only been blogging for a year now and, to be honest, until the last few months I had kind of been neglecting my blog. Lately I've been pushing my blog a little more in both content and where I share it, hoping to get it noticed a little bit more. Yesterday, I received an awesome compliment from one of my favourite bloggers out there The Lucky Mom.
I love her blog! Did I mention that. Lisha invites her readers into her home with such intelligence, honesty and a dry wit that I can totally relate to. Reading blogs like hers has helped me be less timid in my topics and, I think, helps to make my blog more interesting. Then here she comes along and nominates me. Thank you so much, Lisha. This really made my day!
Would it be too corny to quote Sally Field here? "You like me, You really like me!"
Okay, now down to business. There are some rules for those who receive the Versatile Blogger Award:
- I grew up in "Mayberry" with my Dad the Chief Deputy Sheriff to my Uncle being Sheriff.
- My Mom was a "War Bride", born and raised in Germany and my two oldest brothers were born there also.
- My oldest son was born on Guam at the Naval Hospital in Hagåtña when his Dad was a Captain (pharmacist) in the Air Force and we were stationed at Andersen Air Force Base. I often call my son a Chamarro (native Guamanian).
- Before moving to our current home, my children and I helped run the county animal shelter that the guy I was with had built behind our home. I actually managed it and helped keep it clean. It was family-run after all. On occasion I would do Dog Control work for him too. The result of working there is we have 12 cats (3 recently wandered in, I hope I can find their homes), 6 dogs (one belongs to a friend, I am trying to re-home him for her and four are sample dogs, so they only count as one - that makes it really only two 2 dogs then right?), 4 chickens (may I sneak in here that I speak fluent chicken?), two bunnies (they are so soft), two rats (seriously, why do they wash their faces every time I kiss them?), a red-eared slider (Hey, it's Franklin!), and a cockatiel (someone make that bird stop barking!).
- I know how to play piano, flute, clarinet, saxophone and cello, I even took singing lessons for 5 years. I'm teaching myself to play my son's guitar now - I love music!
- I modeled for a while when I was younger.
- I clean when I am angry .... or bored .... or sad .... or just because I like the way the house looks and smells afterward.
- Johannes Adriaansen
- The Mommies Made Me Do It
- The Dash Between
- Insane in the Mom-Brain
- I Choose Happy Now
- The Crunchy (Grouchy) Mommy
- McConnell's Gurl
- Transitioning Mom
- Dodging Raindrops
- Guyer Family Blog
- Reading (and Chickens)
- Elegantly Said
- My Silly Life
- Snarky Redhead