Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Into The (Red)Woods

I'm sure most people have a "Bucket List".  You know, that list of things that you want to do before you kick the bucket.  Well, one of those on my list was to visit the Redwood Forest of California.  This year I was lucky enough to get to do that with my Sweetheart, Johannes. 
 The trees were amazing!  I have never seen anything so majestic before.
 We felt so small standing under them.
 I felt as though I would be lost if I were to step off of a trail.
 We spent the night in the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park.  Specifically the Redwoods KOA.  We stayed in this adorable Kabin nestled among the redwoods.
 There was something so amazing about the primitiveness of the forest.
 Something about it made everything else seem so insignificant.
 Except for this little bug, who chose to be the focus of this camera shot.
 It felt like we were walking into a time long forgotten.
 Standing on this stump, I could have jumped inside of the center.  The depth and size was unbelievable.
The way the forest replenished itself was fascinating.  This tree had long ago fallen but new life sprung from it as a tree grew out of the roots.  

I was in awe of this beautiful forest and hope that it is protected for future generations to explore it's wonders.  There is so much to see in the redwoods and I feel like I only scratched the surface.  I know that I will be back with Johannes.  Hopefully the rest of my family will get to experience it's beauty with us.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful memories.... can't wait to do it again...But, but, in that picture of "primitiveness", is that a shot of "Sasquatch" ? So, looking forward to another trip out there, with You....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, l was there once too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it.