Monday, February 11, 2013

It's Awards Show Season - well, isn't that just ducky


*stepping onto pedestal*



A-hem!
.
.
Excuse me.
.
.
.
May I have your attention for just a minute.

I'm seeing so many comments about last nights Grammys. I don't watch awards shows. I think the mega-millions they make already is enough to prove people like celebrities. Watching show after show of these spotlight lovers wanting people to tell them how wonderful they are and that they are better than everyone else just bores me.

I did find the pre-Grammy reports funny.  You might remember that CBS sent out a letter telling those attending that they had to keep their breast and genitals covered, And these are role models for so many kids - thankfully not for mine.

As for the musical talents of so many of these people, these syncopated "singers" thinking they are all that can't hold a candle to those we grew up with that actually know how to play an instrument and can sing without a mixer helping them.  I'm not talking 80's pop.  I'm talking about when music was real -not digitized. When musicians had to rely on sheer talent.  You Rock, Sting!  Singers and musicians back then relied on their musical ability to make it big, instead of relying on a bunch of scantily clad people dancing around them distracting their audience from how bad they really are. As for rappers - they are just people who can't sing at all and not worth my time.

I don't live in a cave. I have teenagers and so I do listen to many of these new songs and yes, some do get stuck in my head.  But they will never hold a candle to the real music.

Okay. I'm done. I got this off my chest and I feel so much better now.

Thank you for your attention.

*stepping down from soapbox*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it.