Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When is too early to begin planning?

Easter will be here in 5 short weeks.  If I plan well enough then I should be able to get all of my needed supplies and my prep-work done before then.  I do know a basic idea of what we will be eating but I am always looking for new ideas for food and decorating.  My big question for the day is cake.  The last few years I had been making carrot cake, an appropriate cake for Bunny Day.

For many years I made this
cute little bunny cake for my
cute little kids.



One of my dilemma's for this year is whether to make one of those or to  go cutesy and stick with a bunny theme


This little fella is adorable and easy to make.
 Or do I want to be more adventurous and take on something a bit more complicated and go with a basket cake.  

This would be fun to make and I could use the
top to showcase the Easter candy that I plan
on making.


These cakes are so beautiful that I
would almost hate to see my gang
cut into them.
Then there is something simple and delicious like these mini cheese cake nests.  You can never have too much cheesecake.   

It is, after all, one of the tastiest food groups.
I've learned over the years that I look forward to holidays, just like a child.  The difference is that I get so much excitement out of the planning process that I can't wait for the next holiday to come around.  Easter is 5 weeks away, then I can look forward to the Fourth of July, and more planning...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these ideas!! I am counting down as well...I've been busy this afternoon writing my blog posts for Easter decorations and recipes. But my Easter cake for this year is still in the planning. I love the Easter basket...feeling very inspired Ingrid :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to go steal some of your ideas once you finish your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Your Blog.....Easter is down the road, and planning is the "Cat's Meow"...Hope You find the perfect theme, but which ever, I know, it will be good...

    Good Night Ingrid, sleep well....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look great but I LOOOVE the cupcakes. Look so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it.