Thursday, October 17, 2024

How To Discover A New Favourite YouTube Channel

I actually discovered this channel last year but I thought I should share this so others might enjoy their channel as well. Back in 2023 (that was, what? 3... 4 years ago? My oldest and I, along with my daughters, had gone to The Home Show in Saratoga Springs to get ideas for my son's new house - and maybe a few for mine. We had a great day and then headed home. 

Just a side note on the weather. When we headed up it was a pleasant Spring day. Temperatures were around the low 50's. So it was light jacket weather. A few miles up the road, in the Adirondack Mountains it was cold. There was still feet of snow and no sign of it melting.

Back to my story. 

As we were cruising along we played leapfrog with this 4-Runner. 
Should I be showing their license plate?
Well, they don't hide it on their channel.
Besides, they sold that 4-Runner anyway.

We were laughing about the fact that we passed them, they passed us, we passed them, until I saw it... See the sticker on the back window? It has a YouTube logo. As we continued playing leapfrog we got close enough to read their channel name - 4runningaround. I immediately looked them up and after realizing they are a camping channel I followed them. In fact, I later learned in a chat that Josh was coming back from an overnight camping trip in the Adirondacks (now do you see why I mentioned that?). He posted that video a week or so later. You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5VRvRR3Y30&t=253s

They are local to me so that makes their channel more interesting. I can honestly say I have seen all of their videos and shorts. From watching, I have gathered that at least one works in my oldest son's profession and they work for the same overall employer as my youngest son. Even more interesting. Okay, that sounds stalker-ish but to me it's just things that connect us and give me reason to get out there and do what they do. Stop living through them and start living. 

They go on great camping trips and give me ideas for simple meals. In case you don't know, I have a cooking blog at www.cookwithhoney.blogspot.com. No, it isn't about honey it is based on my former last name and my children's last name and was suggested by one of my sons.

Since selling the 4Runner, and buying a truck and truck camper they changed their channel name to Josh and Kate. Kate also has a channel that she doesn't share on much and has a slightly different subject line. It's more about the behind the scenes of truck camping. Still very interesting. 

Follow them at:
                            and

Give them some love.

 

Until Next Time!

    Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it.