Thursday, April 28, 2016

ipsy March Glam Bag Review

I've wondered off and on about the monthly subscription boxes. My daughters both have been getting their own boxes for the last few months. But I'm not really interested in the kind they get. Make-up, on the other hand. I am always interested in finding new make-up. I thought I would start with ipsy. Ipsy has gotten a lot of good reviews, plus it is only $10 a month for five deluxe samples or full-size products. How could I resist a deal like that? 

I was very impressed with the March bag when it arrived.  You can't miss it. All these goodies come in a bright pink envelope. Sorry. I tossed it out, but I'll share one when I remember to take a picture of it. 

Inside the envelope is a cute makeup bag.  With all the goodies inside.


The back of the card reads:
hello
Spring
We're having a spring fling with flawless! Celebrate the season with a spotlight on
radiant, selfie-ready skin, flushed cheeks and a fresh kick of color on eyes or lips.


The first item is Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist from Alterna Haircare.
I really like this product and plan to buy more.
Spray this on towel-dried hair before using your hairdryer. This left my hair full and soft. Plus, it leaves such a nice scent. 


This Manna Kadar eye shadow in Fantasy can also be used as blush and a highlighter.  The Pro Tips for this are:
  • To achieve a more metallic look simply damp your brush with water or a light-weight water based primer and apply Fantasy
  • Apply on décolletage for a more dewy look
  • Apply to inner tear duct to open the eyes and look more refreshed
  • Apply under the bridge of eyebrow to lift the eye and appear more awake
I have only used it as eye shadow and am very impressed. I really does make my eyes look more awake, despite the pale colour.

This blush duo from Pixi by Petra is the perfect shade for me in Rose Gold. 
It says it can be warn layered or alone. I opted to wear the darker shade for shadowing on my cheeks, and the lighter shade as a highlight.


This eyeshadow brush from Beau Gâchis Paris is perfect. Not too stiff, not too soft. 


NYX’s Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is amazing! I got it in the Kitten Heels colour. Just the right shade. It goes on smoothly and lasts through the entire day (and several glasses of sweet tea). My youngest daughter tried it and she loves it too.  Good to know it's available from Target for $6.99. 


I'm glad that I subscribed to this monthly make-up bag. It was well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed it.